Deadline is March 31, 2020 for the 2020-2021 Application Period.
The Association of Texas Leaders for Education (ATLE) has provided scholarship funds which are designed to provide financial support for TASFAA members pursuing a higher education.
The amount of funds available for scholarships will be determined annually by the ATLE Board. The application process will be completed through the ATLE website and applications will be available from February 1st through April 1st. Applications will be reviewed by the TASFAA Awards and Scholarships Committee. Upon completion of their review, the committee will communicate their recommendation as well as an alternate candidate to ATLE and the Foundation.
The Community Foundation of West Texas administers the Association of Texas Leaders for Education Scholarship. The Foundation, formerly known as the Lubbock Area Foundation, Inc., is an independent, non-profit, publicly supported, tax-exempt organization whose purpose is to help donors meet the existing and future needs of the area’s educational, health, cultural, civic and charitable organizations. The Foundation’s mission goes beyond social service and welfare; our donors are improving the overall quality of life in the South Plains area. The Foundation administers a variety of charitable funds, including scholarships to assist students with post-secondary educational expenses.
- Be a current member of the Texas Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (TASFAA)
- Intend to enroll at least as a half-time student (e.g., a minimum of 6 credit hours for an undergraduate) during the upcoming fall semester at an accredited Texas college, university or technical school
- Intend to enroll with the purpose of earning a degree
- Demonstrate service to TASFAA or the community
- Provide a positive personal reference letter from a current employer, community leader or leader within TASFAA (i.e., board member, committee chair, etc.)
- Preference for those with financial need
- Applications will be reviewed by the TASFAA Awards and Scholarships Committee.
- Upon completion of their review, the committee will communicate their recommendation as well as an alternate candidate to ATLE and the Foundation.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The recipient will be announced by August 1st.
Scholarship Fund Disbursement:
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the availability of funds, and may be used for tuition, fees and required books.
- Scholarships will be paid to the school, and not directly to the recipient.
- All unused funds must be returned to the Lubbock Area Foundation.
All scholarship applications must be completed in full and submitted by April 1st.
The following are required:
- Completed Application Form
- Personal reference letter from a current employer, community leader or leader within TASFAA (i.e., board member, committee chair, etc)