Deadline is March 15, 2020 for the 2020-2021 College Academic Year
This scholarship was established by the Association of Texas Leaders for Education (ATLE) for Texas resident graduating seniors who will be attending a Texas school to pursue a secondary education. The purpose for this scholarship is to promote higher education for Texas students. The total amount will be $1,000.00.
The Community Foundation of West Texas administers the Association of Texas Leaders for Education Scholarship. The Foundation, formerly known as the Lubbock Area Foundation, Inc., is an independent, non-profit, publicly supported, tax-exempt organization whose purpose is to help donors meet the existing and future needs of the area’s educational, health, cultural, civic and charitable organizations. The Foundation’s mission goes beyond social service and welfare; our donors are improving the overall quality of life in the South Plains area. The Foundation administers a variety of charitable funds, including scholarships to assist students with post-secondary educational expenses.
Without discrimination toward race or sex, the following eligibility requirements shall apply to candidates for the ATLE Scholarship:
- Graduating Senior
- A 3.0 or higher GPA
- Financial need may be considered
- Demonstrated service to community and to school
- Intent to enroll as a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours) at an accredited college, university or technical school in Texas during the fall semester following graduation from high school with the intent of receiving a degree.
- Positive personal school references
- The Scholarship Advisory Committee will review completed applications and make recommendations to the Community Foundation of West Texas Board of Directors, which will make the final decision on the scholarship awards.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The recipient will be announced by August 1st.
Scholarship Fund Disbursement:
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the availability of funds, and may be used for tuition, fees and required books.
- Scholarships will be paid to the school, and not directly to the recipient.
- All unused funds must be returned to the Lubbock Area Foundation.
All scholarship applications must be completed in full and submitted by March 15th.
The following are required:
- Completed Application Form
- Typed Personal Essay
- High School Transcript
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from the student’s high school faculty or counselors